CARROLL INDUSTRIAL MOLDS – COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE
Carroll Industrial Molds is a full-service mold shop specializing in aluminum molds for the plastics industry.
CIM specializes in providing customized aluminum molds for EPS, EPP, EPE, and other foamed plastics as well as Thermoform, Urethane, and other custom molds for a diverse base of customers. In addition, we market and manufacture an extensive line of mold components and accessories.
At CIM, we provide you with customized mold solutions tailored specifically to meet your requirements. We are committed to providing all our customers with…
Exceptional Customer Service
We believe in establishing a strong working relationship, founded on mutual trust and integrity, to meet your specific needs and provide you with superior customer service. Learn more about CIM.
On-time and On-budget Projects
We are committed to meeting your deadlines and staying within your budget. We offer quick quote turnarounds, a comprehensive mold-design approval process, efficient mold builds, and accelerated deliveries when needed. Keep your project on time, visit our FAQ’s.
Our experienced team of professional mold-builders provide our customers first-rate quality prototype and production molds and components using the most advanced technology available in the industry. Learn more about our services
Quality Services and Products
We take great pride in our quality workmanship. We are dedicated to innovation, continuous improvement, teamwork, applied technology, and meeting the needs of our stakeholders – all of which contribute to producing high quality molds and components to meet our customer’s needs.
The MISSION of Carroll Industrial Molds
Carroll Industrial Molds Inc. strives to provide a high quality product, on time, to help our customers help their customers.
Carroll Industrial Molds Inc. aims to achieve sustainable growth and generate adequate funds for re-investment into the company. We aim to become process driven to eliminate waste and add additional capacity. We aim to grow our employees by empowering and motivating each individual to become a leader. Our employees will work in a safe and clean environment to increase engagement and productivity. The rewards of our success will be shared amongst all of our stakeholders; employees, customers, suppliers, and the community.
Our core values:
- Service — we strive to address all of our customers’ needs.
- Quality — we use high quality materials, assembled by high quality people, to produce high quality products.
- Innovation — we use our accumulated knowledge to adapt to any situation with new solutions and continuous improvement.
- Integrity — we do what we say we are going to do.
- Employees — we provide the tools and equipment necessary for our employees to sustain personal and professional growth.
Carroll Industrial Molds (CIM) was founded in 1986. The Company began operations out of an 1800 sq. ft. building in Chadwick IL, expanding multiple times over the next 6 years, until moving to the current Milledgeville IL facility in 1992. Today, CIM utilizes 36,000 sq. ft. in our Milledgeville shop which includes dedicated space for administration, sales, design, CNC programming, CNC operations, pattern/model making, manual machining, welding, and Teflon coating.
As an early adopter of CAD/CAM and automated machining philosophies CIM continued to expand capabilities as the business grew. Systematically, the company added more services, expanded its complement of automated machining and manufacturing equipment, and hired more skilled professionals to become part of our team – all allowing us to meet the needs of our customers more efficiently and effectively.
Today, CIM’s tradition of quality work, on-time delivery, and personalized customer service is continuing with our leader, Curt Dusing. Curt is recognized industry-wide for his knowledge and expertise, and especially his persistence in making sure that every order is completed to a customer’s specifications.
Carroll Industrial Molds is a vertically integrated full-service mold-maker. The Company offers a multitude of services including custom mold design, specializing in EPS, EPP, EPE, Thermoform, and Urethane molds. Our in-house service areas include mold design, pattern, CNC machining, assembly, and specialty coatings.
- Teflon® coating
- Mold design and solid modeling
- Reverse engineering
- Foam sample cutting
- Pattern and model making
- Contract machining
Accurate information is essential to produce a quality product. After an order is placed our design and project managers will work with you to produce a detailed and efficient design utilizing the latest solid modelling design software and technology.
- All new projects begin with a customer supplied solid part model, or if not available, we can create a solid part model for customer approval.
- We can utilize existing paper drawings, foam samples, working models, or simply a part concept to create accurate solid part models and/or mold layouts.
- We can import your supplied data and specifications in a variety of electronic formats.
- We can reverse engineer or verify existing products with state-of-the-art 3D digitizing equipment.
- We utilize SolidWorks to produce production details and identify potential problem areas. On a mold build, solid modeling allows identification of specific mold details; such as interference issues, ejection concerns, proper cooling, water drainage and/or other problems.
- Issues identified and visualized at the design stage enable adjustment prior to the actual production process.
- Once a design has been approved and released, production instructions are prepared to ensure an accurate project completion.
We are committed to automated machining and are fully equipped with a several CNC vertical machining centers as well as a CNC turning centers. Featuring:
- Haas GR-712 gantry vertical mill: X 145.00”, Y 85.00”, Z 24.00”
- Haas GR-510 gantry vertical mill: X 121.00”, Y 61.00”, Z 11.00”
- Haas VF-6SS vertical mill: X 64.00”, Y 32.00”, Z 30.00”
- Haas VF-5 vertical mill: X 50.00”, Y 26.00”, Z 25.00”
- Haas VF-3YT vertical mill: X 40.00”, Y 26.00”, Z 25.00”
- YCM WV-108A vertical mill: X 44.00”, Y 30.00”, Z 27.50”
- Haas DS-30Y turning center with 4’ bar feeder: 18.00” dia., 23.00” length
- YCM GT-250B turning center with 4’ bar feeder: 16.53” dia., 20.27” length
- Multiple seats of SolidWorks, HSMWorks, and Mastercam CAM programming software.
- All Haas CNC machines equipped with wireless intuitive on-machine probing.
- Proficient in CNC machined billet aluminum and near net shape aluminum castings.
Tasked with pulling all aspects of the mold building process together for final assembly, our experienced mold-makers are all proficient in:
- Manual machining
- Cavity venting – core vent and CNC precision hole
- Cavity finishing and polishing
- Welding – MIG. TIG, and gas
- Cooling manifold design and placement
- Pre-assembly fit-ups and inspections
- Final completed mold inspection
We offer complete “in-house” Teflon coating services, including:
- New mold coating – cavity finished part surfaces, cavity backsides, and steam chamber surfaces (optional for corrosion resistance)
- Used, refurbished, and repaired mold re-coating
- Component and accessory coating – ejector heads, number and ID tags, and miscellaneous components
- Additional features:
- Curing oven capacity of 6′ x 10′
- Genuine DuPont Teflon materials
- Powder coating capability for accessory components
- Mold disassembly and reassembly service if required
- Timely turnarounds
- Restored mold performance
Carroll Industrial Molds produces and supplies a wide variety of mold components and wear items for all common EPS and EPP molding presses and molds. Whether it be major components such as receiver frames, extension frames and press adapter frames, or basic wear and replacement parts like ejector bushing seals, Teflon coated vents, or O-ring stock, Carroll Industrial Molds can accommodate your component and replacement part needs.
- Receiver Frames
- Extension Frames
- Mold Adapter Frames
- Ejector Heads
- Ejector Bushings
- Ejector Seals
- Replacement Ejector Seats
- Alignment Pins
- Fillguns & Accessories
- Cooling Components
- Replacement Vents
- Tefloned Vents
- Lifting Fixtures
- Mold handling Carts
- And More!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
What information do I need to provide to CIM to receive a timely project quotation?
Precise and thorough information is essential to produce an accurate mold project quote. The following information and data should be provided:
( items marked with * are required information)
- Part/Project Name *
- Part Size (l x w x d) *
- Press Size *
- Estimated No. Cavities *
- Crush Fill Reqd. *
- Part Wall Thickness *
- Material *
- Venting Requirements *
- Teflon Required *
- Logo(s) Required *
- Electronic Part File (preferred)
- Material Shrinkage Rate
- Part Drawing
- Estimated # Fillguns
- Estimated # Ejectors
- Part Numbers Required
- Any Small Radii Reqd.
- Any Knife Edges Reqd.
- Any Backdraft Present
- Any Unusual Parting Line
What CAD data formats can you work with?
CIM produces all projects utilizing SolidWorks CAD software. Therefore, our recommended and preferred data format is a native SolidWorks part file. (SLDPRT file extension)
CIM can utilize a variety of additional file formats, but will lose critical design and construction features in the translation (example – fillets, hole info, surface info, etc.) which may affect our ability to use the data efficiently.
Some other formats include:
What is the biggest factor that causes delays in a mold project?
Missing or poor information is the single largest cause of mold project delays. Good accurate information available up front is absolutely necessary to ensure a timely project completion.
What are the milestones in a typical mold build project?
Mold build project milestones are:
- customer release of order/purchase order
- request for down payment
- receipt of down payment
- release for design
- customer design approval
- release for production
- CNC programming
- CNC machining
- casting (if reqd.)
- casting machining (if reqd.)
- Teflon coating (if reqd.)
- final assembly
- final QA inspection
- and project shipment
Contact CIM for your mold made-to-order or replacement parts
Insulated shipping containers
Insulated concrete forms
Lost foam foundry patterns
POP advertising displays
Other customer applications