Carroll Industrial Molds is a vertically integrated full-service mold-maker. The Company offers a multitude of services including custom mold design, specializing in EPS, EPP, EPE, Thermoform, Urethane, and other aluminum molds. Our in-house service areas include mold design, pattern, casting, CNC machining, assembly, and specialty coatings.
- Teflon® coating
- Mold design and solid modeling
- Reverse engineering
- Foam sample cutting
- Pattern and model making
- Aluminum casting
- Contract machining
Accurate information is essential to produce a quality product. After an order is placed our design and project managers will work with you to produce a detailed and efficient design utilizing the latest solid modelling design software and technology.
- All new projects begin with a customer supplied solid part model, or if not available, we can create a solid part model for customer approval.
- We can utilize existing paper drawings, foam samples, working models, or simply a part concept to create accurate solid part models and/or mold layouts.
- We can import your supplied data and specifications in a variety of electronic formats.
- We can reverse engineer or verify existing products with state-of-the-art 3D digitizing equipment.
- We utilize SolidWorks to produce production details and identify potential problem areas. On a mold build, solid modeling allows identification of specific mold details; such as interference issues, ejection concerns, proper cooling, water drainage and/or other problems.
- Issues identified and visualized at the design stage enable adjustment prior to the actual production process.
- Once a design has been approved and released, production instructions are prepared to ensure an accurate project completion.
- Precise shrinkage and draft are tailored to customer specifications.
- Pattern and casting solid model configurations are produced in SolidWorks.
- Close tolerance CNC machined patterns are built from Ren-Board, wood, or aluminum
- Quality aluminum castings are produced in our in-house casting facility.
- All castings are poured from A356 primary alloy.
- The no-bake process is utilized to produce aluminum castings ranging from 1lb. to 500 lbs.
- We can produce prototypes, one-offs, or short-run production castings.
- The casting finish is excellent with many completed EPS molds shipped “as cast” with only minimal cavity polishing required.
We are committed to automated machining and are fully equipped with a several CNC vertical machining centers as well as a CNC turning centers. Featuring:
- Haas GR-712 gantry vertical mill: X 145.00”, Y 85.00”, Z 24.00”
- Haas GR-510 gantry vertical mill: X 121.00”, Y 61.00”, Z 11.00”
- Haas VF-6SS vertical mill: X 64.00”, Y 32.00”, Z 30.00”
- Haas VF-5 vertical mill: X 50.00”, Y 26.00”, Z 25.00”
- Haas VF-3YT vertical mill: X 40.00”, Y 26.00”, Z 25.00”
- YCM WV-108A vertical mill: X 44.00”, Y 30.00”, Z 27.50”
- Haas DS-30Y turning center with 4’ bar feeder: 18.00” dia., 23.00” length
- YCM GT-250B turning center with 4’ bar feeder: 16.53” dia., 20.27” length
- Multiple seats of SolidWorks, HSMWorks, and Mastercam CAM programming software.
- All Haas CNC machines equipped with wireless intuitive on-machine probing.
- Proficient in CNC machined billet aluminum and near net shape aluminum castings.
Tasked with pulling all aspects of the mold building process together for final assembly, our experienced mold-makers are all proficient in:
- Manual machining
- Cavity venting – core vent and CNC precision hole
- Cavity finishing and polishing
- Welding – MIG. TIG, and gas
- Cooling manifold design and placement
- Pre-assembly fit-ups and inspections
- Final completed mold inspection
We offer complete “in-house” Teflon coating services, including:
- New mold coating – cavity finished part surfaces, cavity backsides, and steam chamber surfaces (optional for corrosion resistance)
- Used, refurbished, and repaired mold re-coating
- Component and accessory coating – ejector heads, number and ID tags, and miscellaneous components
- Additional features:
- Curing oven capacity of 6′ x 10′
- Genuine DuPont Teflon materials
- Powder coating capability for accessory components
- Mold disassembly and reassembly service if required
- Timely turnarounds
- Restored mold performance